Teen who shot Colombian presidential hopeful sentenced to 7 years at youth detention facility
The 15-year-old shooter was sentenced to seven years in a youth facility under Colombian law prioritizing rehabilitation over adult penalties for serious crimes.
- A 15-year-old was sentenced to seven years in juvenile detention for shooting Colombian presidential candidate Miguel Uribe during a campaign event in June.
- Uribe, who had been in critical condition, died on August 11 from a cerebral hemorrhage after multiple surgeries.
- Five adults have been arrested and charged with aggravated homicide related to the attack, but authorities have not identified who ordered it.
- Colombian law allows for lighter sentences for minors, with the maximum term for serious crimes like assassination being eight years, highlighting the focus on rehabilitation.
105 Articles
105 Articles
The 15-year-old teenager who shot the presidential senator and pre-candidate Miguel Uribe, who died in mid-August, was sentenced on Wednesday to seven years of detention in a juvenile detention center, the prosecutor said. Uribe, from the opposition party Centro Democrático, died of head injuries after a brutal shooting attack during a political act in Bogotá in June, which revives the ghosts of the worst years of political violence in Colombia.…
Teenage Killer of Colombian Presidential Contender Sentenced to 7 Years
A 15-year-old boy who admitted to inflicting fatal injuries on Colombian Sen. Miguel Uribe Turbay, a potential presidential candidate, when he shot him at a political rally in June was sentenced on Aug. 27 to seven years of detention in a youth rehabilitation facility. The sentence, announced by the Colombian Attorney General’s Office, was handed down two weeks after Uribe Turbay died from his injuries on Aug. 11. The attorney general’s office s…
The 15-year-old teenager who shot in June against senator and presidential pre-candidate Miguel Uribe, who died in mid-August, was sentenced on Wednesday to seven years of detention in a juvenile detention center, the prosecution reported.
Bogotá. A Colombian judge yesterday sanctioned a 15-year-old who accepted the charges for shooting presidential candidate Miguel Uribe Turbay in a rally, who died after spending two months in intensive care.
The 15-year-old teenager who shot the presidential senator and pre-candidate Miguel Uribe, who died in mid-August, was sentenced on Wednesday to seven years of detention in a juvenile detention center, the prosecutor said. Uribe, from the opposition party Centro Democrático, died of head injuries after a brutal shooting attack during a political act in Bogotá in June, which revives the ghosts of the worst years of political violence in Colombia.…

A sentence of 7 years in prison was imposed on Wednesday on the teenager guilty of the murder of the right-wing candidate in the presidential election Miguel Uribe.
Coverage Details
Bias Distribution
- 45% of the sources are Center
Factuality
To view factuality data please Upgrade to Premium